Monday, May 10, 2010

Porto, Portugal

We made it to Porto, with an extra hour of flight time to get around Iceland. We had paid $25 extra to get the rows with just two seats (which were wider and had more legroom) so we were pretty comfortable for Air Transat. The meal was surprisingly not too bad, and came with a complimentary wine.

I slept about four hours, using one of those inflatable neck cushions. I have to admit, although they look dorky, they do work. Heather slept a bit too, but she had to get up to stretch every hour or so (doctor's order) so it wasn't as deeply.

We arrived in Porto around 2pm. It took almost an hour for our luggage to appear. Heather I think was fearing the worst given her track record with lost luggage.

Normally I take a taxi to the hotel on the first day of a trip, but I was mostly awake and we gave the public transportation a go. Caught the 602 bus at the airport. The other passengers bemusedly watched me trying to track our progress in the Rough Guide map. We didn't do too badly, ending up with a five minute walk to our hotel, Eurostars Das Artes. (They have free wifi so I'm typing while Heather's doing more stretches).

We just had lunch and an espresso which should keep us going through the jetlag. It's been rainy and about 15C so far today.

No comments:

Post a Comment