Friday, October 13, 2000

Buenos Aries, Argentina

Well I`m back in Buenos Aires so this is probably the last update for this trip. Don`t know when or where the next trip is, the when will decide the where, but there`s still lots of the world to see.

So came back yesterday from Uruguay. Saw Montevideo and Colonia. On the bus ride between the two, if I had taken a picture it would have been hard to tell if it was Canada or Uruguay, it was pretty much the same countryside.

In Montevideo I stayed in this really nice old colonial hotel, with huge ceilings and a balcony that overlooked the main drag. It was a pretty cool room. Ate lunch one day at the market, it was one of the best meals I had so far. The people here eat even more meat than in Argetina. I had a half portion of asado for lunch (which is grilled beef), it was more than enough. Everyone else had probably three times as much as me, and this was only lunch! I took a picture of the grill, it´s amazing (if you like barbeques).

Then went to Colonia, which is as the name suggests a nice colonial town. I took a bunch of pictures, and then the next day I think I took the same pictures all over again. It`s very picturesque.

Now I´m back in BA. Tomorrow, Kirsty & I are planning to go to El Tigre, which is a bit west of BA, then I´ll jump on a plane and head back. There´s supposed to be a big arts and crafts place there, which hopefully will have some things worth buying. So far, the places I´ve been too have lacked indigenous arts & crafts, so there hasn´t been any cool souvenirs to buy.

BMC update:

There are McD`s in Paraguay (saw billboards in the street) but never actually saw any restaurants. So no update from there. In Uruguay, a BMC is 44 Uruguayan pesos (about 3.75 US). Which is about right, Uruguay is somewhat cheaper than Argentina (here´s it´s 3.99 US), but still a bit expensive of a country. (BTW, the lunch I had at the market, came to about $5 US). And presumably there are McD´s in Brazil, but not in Foz do Iguacu.

No comments:

Post a Comment