Saturday, March 08, 2003

Quito, Ecuador

Well Marisa and I made it no problems to Ecuador yesterday on the start of our trip to see the Galapagos Islands. Despite all the media announcements about 3 hour waits at the airport that made me worried about missing our flight out of Toronto (being the start of March break and the busiest travel day of the year) it took us about 20 minutes to get through everything.

The flights were okay and we got to Quito about 11:00 pm last night. I had called ahead to reserve a hostel and they also arranged for a taxi. So when we got out of the airport there was a nice lady holding a sign for 'Erick Dsousa' and we were whisked off to a nice old colonlial house in the centro. The weather is really nice, it's supposed to be the rainy season but it was clear and about 13C. Marisa and I were both pretty tired so we just went to bed.

This morning we got up to another nice day (sunny and about 18C), had breakfast on this cool little terrace inside the hotel. Today we just have some paper work to do to pay for the Galapagos trip, and then tomorrow morning we're off pretty early to fly there to begin a 8 day 7 night boat trip around the islands. Although I have been surprised at where internet cafes can now be found I doubt that they will have access on the boat. So the next time I email will be after the Galapagos trip.


ps to prevent my hotmail from filling up with spam I have turned on the maximum filter so I only get email from people in my Address Book. So on the off chance that you do reply from a different email address than what I've sent I won't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment